Who: If you are enrolled in the 5th-8th grade at one of our Partner sites, you can apply for a Youth Opportunity scholarship to try something new!
What: Apply for up to $500 to cover the cost of a class or program you want to do, such as dance classes, music lessons, art courses, sports and more. Check out the resource lists for ideas.
When: Contact your YOS Site Liaison to find out when the applications are due.
How: Please follow these steps in order to apply:
- Create a Submittable login account.
- Complete the following online application. You can save a draft of your application and work on it later if you want.
- Submit your application when you are done. Once you hit submit, your application is final and cannot be edited. (If you need to make any changes, please check in with your YOS Site Liaison.)
Please Note: Before you apply, find out if the activity provider can accept a check for payment.
Questions? Please contact Aly Quiroz-Perez, PVF Program Associate: email@example.com.
RENEWAL APPLICATION FOR THE GRACE SCHOLARSHIP:
Renewals will be made to full-time students earning a GPA of 3.0 or higher. If your scholarship is renewed, a check will be mailed directly to your school at the beginning of August 2020. In order to be considered for renewal, you should submit the following information using the form below no later than June 30, 2020:
1) A completed 2020-2021 renewal balance sheet
2) A personal narrative regarding your 2019-2020 academic year
3) An official or unofficial copy of your transcripts for 2019-2020
If you are able to request official transcripts, please send by mail to:
Philanthropic Ventures Foundation
Attn: Grace Scholarship Program
1222 Preservation Park Way
Oakland, CA 94612-1201
PVF staff will then upload the transcripts to your application portal.
4) A copy of your Financial Aid Award Letter for the 2020-2021 year, including all financial assistance for the year.
5) A statement of billable costs for the upcoming school year.
6) Your current contact information
If you have any questions, please contact Savannah Lira, Program Officer at Philanthropic Ventures Foundation - 510-645-1890 or firstname.lastname@example.org.